A Great Game

Jaylynn Banks, Reporter

When being a part of a winning team, there is this type of rush.  A happiness, out of breath feeling.  Just think about winning a National Basketball Association (NBA) Championship!  The Golden State Warriors felt that feeling when they won the 2015 NBA Championship against the Cleveland Cavaliers.  The Warriors had to play three games at their arena,  the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.  The other three games were played at Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. The first game is what set off the impressive championships.  Game One was played on June 4, 2015.  The Warriors won the score was 108 to 100.  Golden State had won in overtime.  During the first quarter the Warriors were not doing that well.   The second quarter was way better.  The Cavaliers and Warriors were tied.  Then, Cavalier small foward  J.R Smith shot a three pointer and made it with 2.8 seconds left in the second quarter.  Which left the Warriors trailing by three points.  The third quarter had been phenomenal.  Harrison Barnes small forward had shot a three and made it with 7:22 left.  After that the Cavs and Warriors had a four point lead back and forth.  At the end of the third Andre Iguodala the small forward and shooting guard had tied the game with a dunk.  Nothing really good happened during the fourth quarter.  After 13 lead changes between the teams and 11 ties the Warriors finally had got the lead for the rest of the game.  

• A Great Game

News

Pierce Eagles Crush Tomlinson in First Game of the Season

• A Great Game

World News

Banana Crisis

• A Great Game

News

What is Memorial Day?

• A Great Game

School News

The Eagle Scholar Program

• A Great Game

News

Interview: Mrs. Workman

• A Great Game

World News

Trouble in Bangledesh

• School News

First Annual Pierce Student Showcase

• A Great Game

School News

Detroit Zoo- Here We Come!

• A Great Game

News

The New Google Gboard

• A Great Game

World News

Increasing Terrorist Attacks in the Middle East

A Great Game