Interview: Mrs. Workman

Jessica Kennedy, Reporter

I interviewed Mrs.Workman, 6th grade and P.A.I. teacher at Pierce.   The 2015-2016 school year she taught her first P.A.I. class for the seventh grade.  Mrs.Workman discovered she would be teaching this extra class towards the end of last year.  She was excited to have the opportunity to work with kids she has had the previous year and overwhelmed all of her classes would include new curriculum.  The seventh grade P.A.I. she teaches this year is in her first hour class.  

She learned a lot by teaching 7th grade for the first time.  She stated,  “The big differences between my standard 6th grade classes and the P.A.I. seventh is the maturity level is higher in the seventh grade, and P.A.I. students in general are much more reliable and serious about learning.”  This was also her first time working without a “Significant Other” (a teacher that teaches the same grade level and subject). Mrs. Workman stated that,  “I learned that I need to make the curriculum my own, based on the interests of students and myself.  I am working to make next year the best ever.”  She said she found the school year “enjoyable” she also said that it was a great way to start her day.  

She stated she was very happy to work with P.A.I. this year!  Mrs.Workman would like to say that if she could redo the year she would shorten some of the lessons to move through faster and like students, teachers also get better with practice.

He advice to the 8th grade teachers about the 7th grade students moving on to 8th grade is: “That there are some amazing, creative students you will have the pleasure of working with in the eighth grade!  I will miss them!  I know you will find these students insightful, capable, and ready to learn.”

Thank you Mrs.Workman for being an absolutely outstanding seventh grade P.A.I. teacher for the 2015-2016 school year.  

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

News

Pierce Eagles Crush Tomlinson in First Game of the Season

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

World News

Banana Crisis

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

News

What is Memorial Day?

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

School News

The Eagle Scholar Program

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

World News

Trouble in Bangledesh

• School News

First Annual Pierce Student Showcase

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

School News

Detroit Zoo- Here We Come!

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

News

The New Google Gboard

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

World News

Increasing Terrorist Attacks in the Middle East

• Interview: Mrs. Workman

News

Lee M. Thurston High School Welcome Video

Interview: Mrs. Workman